Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Fort Hood: I choose 13 over thousands

Hi readers...it's been a while. I have a new baby who is 3 weeks old, and I can't sleep. Oh, she's asleep now, and technically this is my chance to catch some zzzz too. My mind is whirling though, and I can't shut it off. My Brad told me last night about the Fort Hood massacre. You want to know what I think? I think the death of 13 people from a terrorist is less scary than the death of 13 to a regular deranged military man...which is much more likely. The implications are much more sinister...what is going on in the US military to create deranged minds? And if it is a terrorist? I'm not worried about him. He's only one man. 13 deaths pale in comparison to the greater tragedy that is created when fear prompts decision making. I'm more worried about what other Americans are going to do to other Americans in the name of safety and security. That death toll could be in the thousands.

No comments: