Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Groundbreaking Report


Holy Cow! It's over. To any participants' eyes, the Groundbreaking went off without a glitch. Behind the scenes, we had flat tires, emergency substitutes, 5 am wake up songs, and lots of water to carry. I'm glad it all turned out. I'm glad it's over. I was touched this morning by these words from my event planning Yoda--

"Coming from a 'quote maven', I can't tell you how impressed I was with the entire 3 day event in Monticello. You were calm, cool, collected, and you handled every crisis. I never saw you lose it, and you made diffiicult decisions at stressful moments. To the public, the entire event lookes well-organized and thought out. I think what impressed me the most is when you were unjustly chewed out and scolded. You truly behaved like a stateswoman. I never saw you swear or say anything unkind about the Brooks or anyone else. Congratulate yourself on an event well done!"
Go to The Statesman newsletter for a full report that I didn't have to write!

No comments: